Among the most important and simple tools in maintaining oral health is the daily use of dental floss.
- Even if you brush on a regular basis, food and bacteria gather in the spaces between the teeth. The most effective way of removing the food and bacteria is using dental floss.
- It is important that you floss gently. As important as it is that you get rid of all of the harmful particles from between your teeth, doing so too vigorously can severely irritate your gums.
- Make sure that you floss at least once per day.
- In order to floss efficiently, it is best to start in one corner, work your way around the arch and then do the other arch in the same fashion.
- It is important that you know how to floss properly. It is important that you guide the floss as gently as you can between your teeth and do not use excessive force.
There are several different types of floss. Check with your dentist to see what type would be best for you.